Slideback Recovery and Transportation Vehicles
TRUK ‘Mojave’ Multi Car Carriers in Aluminium
Our ‘Mojave’ Multi Car Carriers are designed and individually custom built to fit the majority of European chassis ranging from 14 Tonnes GVW and over.
You can have our ‘Lie Flat Overhead Carrier’ on our ‘Low Approach’ beds in aluminium from 5 T design weight and over.
Our new design of Lie Flat Overhead Car Carrier which hides the hydraulic rams when lowered, makes it easy and safe to load and unload cars with a fork lift.
Because of our specially designed Initial Low Approach Angles you will find you can load cars with low spoilers more easily.
With their hot dipped Galvanised Chassis Sub Frames, Inner Bodies and Chassis Fittings, our Slidebacks don’t have any of the problems of rust you might have with steel. And our Outer Bodies and Overhead Car Carriers are Aluminium. Whilst our optional 2 T Second Car Spectacle Lifts have Galvanised Wheel Frames.
Overhead Car Carrier – LIE FLAT
Overhead Car Carrier, 2 tonne design capacity, New Full Width Lie Flat Design.
- Raised and lowered by hydraulic rams with multi position safety supports and removable forward buffers.
- New Full Width Lie Flat Design goes over the top of the lift rams to provide maximum loading width.
- Lifting Rams are underneath platform so they are protected and access is easier when loading or unloading from side with fork lift.
- Remove Flyer and change lights.
- Air operated front locks in place of manual.
- Air operated rear locks in place of manual
|Aluminium||Design Capacity Tonnes||Body Length M||Body Width M||Winch Kg||Optional 2nd Car Lift - Open Type 2T|
Body dimensions shown are for illustration only.
All TRUK vehicles can be custom built to your individual requirements.
Key Design Specifications of ‘Mojave’ Multi Car Carrier ‘Low Approach’ Bodies
Aluminium Bodies – ‘Low Approach’
- Design Capacities from 5 – 8 Tonnes. Designed by professional designers with over 40 years experience using the latest 3D computer aided design technology our Slidebacks are very strong.
- Aluminium Outer Body with low loading angle and initial ‘Low Approach’ angle. Our Outer Body’s low loading angle and initial ‘Low Approach’ angle means there is less chance of damaging cars with low spoilers.
- Body Rollers, fitted to rear of Outer Body. Three wide rollers means there is less chance of damaging soft tarmac drives and they’re easy to replace if you ever need to.
- Galvanised Chassis Subframe, Inner Body and Chassis Fittings. It will never need painting and always look smart.
- Inner Body fitted with full length ‘Easy – Slide’ low friction bearing strips. Very smooth body sliding operation. Full length bearing strips spread load, so much less friction and wear.
- Hydraulic Controls fitted to N/S. Heavy duty polyethylene Locker fitted to rear N/S with Illuminated Control Levers.
- Single Lever Operation with ‘float’ valve. Manual levers to give you complete control over the Body’s operation and the ability to load vehicles on hills or when their heaviest weight is at the rear body.
- Twin Lifting Rams with Extra Long Stroke Body Sliding Ram. All Hydraulic Rams are fitted with fail safe devices and the Extra Long Body Sliding Ram gives you the best possible loading angle.
- Automatic Locking/Unlocking of Body. No manual locks to operate. Safer because it reduces time spent at the roadside.
- 3560kg Hydraulic Winch, including a roller fairlead and 23m of wire cable.
- Toolbox, chassis mounted, manufactured from heavy duty polyethylene with lock and door seal.
- PTO/Pump with Warning Light.
- Full Polyethylene Mudguards with Mud Flaps.
- Anti Slip Tape fitted to top of Outer Body Side Raves.
- Bar Light 5′ long with 4 Rotating Modules and Rear Running Lights fitted to Flyer.
- Working Lights (pair), fitted to Flyer.
- LED Outline Marker Lights.
- Four “Wheel Secure – Anti Slip” Vehicle Securing Straps.
Customers Frequently Chosen Options
All TRUK products are custom built to order. We like our customers to have exactly the vehicle they are looking for
so if you require any further options that are not listed, please contact us and we will see what we ca
- Extend Body length.
- Wheelbase extension.
- Paint side raves in colour.
- Flyer, double skinned, in place of standard.
- Electronic engine speed control (ready for setting by dealer)
- Warning buzzer for PTO/pump.
- Handbrake Interlock for PTO/pump.
- Towing Bracket for Second Car Spectacle Lift.
- Towing bracket, hinged off chassis and extended to position 50mm ball hitch level with end of body.
- Cones, six off, fitted on bracket at headboard or rear of chassis.
- Wrecker Kit. Imcluding Brush, Shovel, Crowbar, Wrecking Bar and Sledge Hammer installed on top of toolbox.
- Granules Bucket and bracket fitted to N/S of chassis.
- Fire extinguisher, in tube, fitted to nearside of chassis.
- Stainless steel toolboxes.
- Aluminium Toolboxes.
- Additional toolbox fitted to chassis.
- Two toolboxes mounted either side of winch including through locker above winch, with lockable and sealed side access doors through flyer.
- Aluminium extension ramps, 1 tonne capacity, 1m long, including storage on chassis.
- Curtainsiders, Covers and Boxes.
- Radio remote control for hydraulic winch.
- Air clutch for hydraulic winch.
- Manual sliding winch mechanism.
- Hydraulically operated sliding winch mechanism.
Second Car Spectacle Lifts
Second Car Spectacle Lift – Open Type 2 Tonne capacity with long life main pivot bearing. Including:
- Fully independently operated, with hydraulic raise and lower and infinitely variable hydraulic extension and retraction.
- Open wheel frames with removable ‘low entry’ joggled round wheel spacers.
- Quick fit, low profile, slide on ‘Y’ type wheel retaining straps and ratchets (pair). Slots into U sections fitted to front of wheel frame.
- Seven pin socket (same voltage as truck)
- Trailer Board and stowage on Flyer.
- 4m (4′ 8″) LED Clear Bar light in place of standard including rear running lights. Running Lights are clipped on to maintain waterproof integrity to R65. The light bar has 10 LED strips to the front (each strip has 8 LED lights),10 to the rear and 2 each side.
- LED Red marker lamps, x 6, fitted to rear face of flyer uprights.
- LED high intensity lights, x 2, fitted to front of chassis cab grill.
- Voltage dropper for 12v on seven pin socket.
- 12 & 24 v Jump leads (5m long) with heavy duty clamps and sockets fitted to front and rear of vehicle.
- 12 & 24 v Jump leads (5m long) with heavy duty clamps and sockets fitted to front or rear of vehicle.
- Jump lead charging socket in toolbox, 12v, for customer’s jump pack.
- Radio remote controls for operation of winch, body, top deck and spectacle lift.
Previous Customer Vehicles
Take a look below at some of our previous customers TRUKS